Long COVID is a commonly used term to describe:
- Ongoing symptomatic COVID-19: signs and symptoms of COVID-19 from 4 to 12 weeks.
- Post-COVID-19 syndrome: signs and symptoms that develop during or after COVID-19 and continue for more than 12 weeks and are not explained by an alternative diagnosis.
If ongoing symptomatic COVID-19 is diagnosed (from 4 weeks after infection), the patient may be offered the following:
- Signposting to self-management support including the online platform Your COVID Recovery (YCR) Phase 1
- Supported self-management from the practice or primary care network team; this may include input from social prescribers, health and wellbeing coaches and care coordinators with linking into community groups or other existing community services as appropriate
- Referral into a Post COVID assessment clinic if self-management alone is not appropriate and if further investigations or support are required
If you think you are suffering with Long COVID please contact the GP surgery.