Online Services at Monkseaton Medical Centre
If you are registered with our GP surgery, you can access online services. Online services allow you to:
- book, check or cancel appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional
- order repeat prescriptions
- see parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
You can also start using online services through the NHS app without the need to register at the surgery. All you need is a camera phone and photo ID. To download the app on your phone click here for Apple devices, or click here for Android devices.
Register with the practice
Please complete the family doctor services registration form and return it to the practice.
Alternatively, call in at the practice and please ask our Receptionist about registering. You can check if you live in the practice area using the map below.
Early morning pre-booked appointments are now available at Monkseaton Medical Centre. Please enquire with reception if you would like an appointment with our health care assistants, nurses, GPs and pharmacists from 7:00am on a Tuesday morning. We are open from 8am every other morning for all other services, including prescription collection or ordering.
Monkseaton Medical Centre’s prescription line will be closing on March 1st 2020.
Alternative ways to order your prescription can be found here.
As of February 1st 2020 all prescriptions will be sent electronically to a pharmacy of your choice. If you do not nominate a pharmacy before this date, we will automatically nominate the pharmacy closest to your home address.
The benefits of this are:
- You no longer need to collect your prescription from the surgery and take it to the pharmacy
- It is more secure—prescriptions are less likely to be lost or mislaid
- Faster—prescriptions signed by the GP will be at the pharmacy within minutes. The pharmacy can get the medicine ready before you collect it thus saving you waiting time
- Electronic prescriptions save time for the NHS and for you
- More efficient use of resources—less paper!
You can ask your regular pharmacy to sign you up for this service today! You can change your nominated pharmacy at any time by asking another pharmacy to sign you up. You can only have one nominated pharmacy at a time.
If you need any further information please ask at your pharmacy.
Patient Survey 2019
We have recently collated the feedback from the Monkseaton Medical Centre patient survey.
Please click here to view the results.